2nd Summer School on Cyber Physical + Systems and Internet of Things
CPS&IoT’2021 Summer School Program will be composed of four days of lectures, demonstrations, practical hands-on sessions, and discussions, as well as, free participation in CPSIoT 2021 and MECO 2021 sessions. The topics of the lectures, demonstrations, and practical hands-on sessions cover several major CPS applications (focusing on modern mobile applications that require high-performance or low energy consumption, as well as, high reliability, security and safety), computing technology for modern CPS, CPS architectures, development problems and solutions, as well as, design methodologies and design tools for CPS. Detailed list of the CPS&IoT’2021 Presentations including the names of their authors and presenters will be provided in the Schedule of the CPS&IoT’2021 Summer School. To stimulate interaction between lecturers and participants, only a limited number of participants will be admitted.
CPS&IoT’2021 Summer School is the second of the series of schools started with a very successful CPS&IoT’2019 Summer School. It aims at serving the following main purposes:
- Advanced training of industrial and academic researchers, developers, engineers and decision-makers; academic teachers, Ph.D. and M.Sc. students; entrepreneurs, investors, research funding agents, and policy makers; and other participants who want to learn about CPS and IoT engineering;
- Dissemination, exchange and discussion of advanced knowledge and project results from numerous R&D projects in CPS and IoT;
- Promotion and facilitation of international contacts and collaboration among people working or interested in the CPS and IoT area.
Distinguishing features of this advanced Summer School are that its lectures, demonstrations, and practical hands-on sessions will be given by top European specialists in particular CPS and IoT fields from industry and academia, and will deliver very fresh advanced knowledge. They are based on results from numerous currently running or recently finished European R&D projects in CPS and IoT, what gives an excellent opportunity to get acquainted with issues and challenges of CPS and IoT development; actual industrial problems, designs and case studies; and new concepts, advanced knowledge and modern design tools created in the European R&D projects.
You are encouraged to participate in this very special event that gives a unique opportunity to interact with outstanding specialists in the area of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) and Internet-of-Things (IoT), and to get acquainted with huge opportunities and impact of CPS and IoT, serious issues and challenges of their development, as well as, newest concepts, advanced knowledge and modern design tools created in numerous ongoing and recently finished European R&D projects in CPS and IoT. The Summer School is possible thanks to involvement of many outstanding researchers and developers from several European projects and countries.
This year the 2nd Summer School on Cyber Physical + Systems and Internet of Things will be in partnership with SMART4ALL project.
Each partner of SMART4ALL project can nominate 1-2 perspective young person of diploma, MSc or PhD level to participate to this School. The registration for this is according SMART4ALL partnership agreement. Those candidates are obligated to submit their application on a way as each SS-SPCIoT-2021 Participant. The number of places is limited.
Self-sustained customized cyberphysical system experiments for capacity building among European stakeholders (SMART4ALL), is a four-year flagship EU project under the call DT-ICT-01-2019: Smart Anything Everywhere for connecting Digital Innovation Hubs across Europe.
The SMART4ALL consortium consists of 25 European partners with interdisciplinary skills and know-how from universities, research institutes, investors, networking organizations, SMEs, Innovation Hubs and NGOs.
The project will build capacity (via Open Calls) amongst European stakeholders through the development of self-sustained, cross-border experiments that transfer knowledge and technology between academia and industry. It targets CLEC (Customized low energy computing) CPS/IoT and combines a set of unique characteristics that join together different cultures, policies, geographical areas and application domains under a common vision.
General topics arrears of SMART4ALL Special Session within MECO2021 are:
- Digitized transportation,
- Digitized agriculture,
- Digitized environment
- Digitized health with emphasis to COVID-19 pandemic
- Digitized anything everywhere.
- Fill out the Registration form and save it in pdf format
- Register for CPS&IoT’2021 Summer School via Easy Chair
- in the field “Title” put: “CPS-IoT’2021 REGISTRATION: John Smith” (instead of John Smith, type your actual name and surname!)
- in the field “Keywords” put in the new lines: “[CPS&IoT2020] [Summer School] [John Smith]”, “[” is a new raw, replace “John Smit” with your actual name and surname!
- Upload the registration form in pdf format!
- You will receive the report about acceptance/rejection of your application
The list of the accepted participants:
- Malina Adach, Sweden, Mälardalen University
- Piet De Vaere, Switzerland, ETH Zürich – network security
- Elia Leoni, University of Bologna – Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- Kevin Hutto, United States, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Saleha Javed, Sweden, Lulea Technical University
- Burak Karadumas, Belgium, University of Antwerp
- Jawhara Bader, Saudi Arabia, University of Glasgow
- Virtyt Lesha, Albania, SMART4ALL, Metropolitan University of Tirana
- Betim Cico, Albania, SMART4ALL, Metropolitan University of Tirana
- Genti Rustemi, SMART4ALL, Metropolitan University of Tirana, Albania
- Eugenio Villar, Spain, University of Cantabria
- Hector Posadas, Spain, University of Cantabria
- Javier Merino, Spain, University of Cantabria
- Raul Gomez, Spain, University of Cantabria
- Jovan Djurkovic, Montenegro, SMART4ALL, University of Montenegro and MECOnet
- Alexandros Spournias, SMART4ALL, ESDA LAB, University of Peloponnesus, Greece
- Georgia Kaisari, SMART4ALL, ESDA LAB, University of Peloponnesus, Greece
- Dimitris Kontargiris, SMART4ALL, ESDA LAB, University of Peloponnesus, Greece
- Lefteris Pappas, SMART4ALL, ESDA LAB, University of Peloponnesus, Greece
- Panagiotis Bountas, SMART4ALL, ESDA LAB, University of Peloponnesus, Greece
- Aggelos Voros, SMART4ALL, University of Peloponnesus, Greece
- Stratos Tiganourias, SMART4ALL, ESDA LAB, University of Peloponnesus, Greece
- Javier Hoffman, SMART4ALL, B-TU Cottbus-Senftenberg, Germany
- Keyvan Shahin, SMART4ALL, Brandenburg university of technology, Germany
- Hector Gerardo Muñoz Hernandez, SMART4ALL, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg, Germany
- Mitko Veleski, SMART4ALL, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg, Germany
- Kwame Ampadu, SMART4ALL, Brandenburg University of Technology, Germany
- Priscile Suawa, SAMRT4ALL, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus–Senftenberg, Germany
- Abhinav Vishwakarma, SMART4ALL, BTU Cottbus – Senftenberg, Germany
- Abdelhakim Baouya, Université Grenoble Alpes, France
- Salim Chehida, Université Grenoble Alpes, France
- Marina Subotin, SMART4ALL, FTN University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Stefan Mirković, SMART4ALL, FTN University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Đorđe Novaković, SMART4ALL, FTN University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Christos Koulamas, Industrial Systems Institute / “Athena” R.C., Patras, Greece
- Sara Pettinari, UNICAM – University of Camerino, Italy
- Nicola Capodieci, University of Modena And Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Vincenzo Stoico, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Giacomo Valente, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Vijay Kuar, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
- Ahmed Abdo, University of California,Riverside, United States
- Alberto Marchisio, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Dhurate Hyseni, Kosovo University “Ukshin Hoti”, Prizren
EARLY SS-CPS&IOT’2021 registration, till 10.05.2020:
- Full – 400EUR,
- Student – 350EUR,
- Tutorial presenter – 350EUR
- Online presenter – 175EUR
- Online student – 150EUR
LATE SS-CPS&IOT’2021 registration, after 10.05.2020 and before 31.05.2020:
- Full – 500EUR,
- Student – 400EUR,
- Tutorial presenter – 400EUR
- Online presenter – 200EUR
- Online student – 200EUR
- Proceedings of CPS&IoT2019 (Cyber Physical Systems and Internet of Things), Editors: Lech Jozwiak and Radovan Stojanovic, Vol, MECOnet Institute (Mediterranean Excellence in Computing and Ontology), June 2019
CPS&IoT’2021 Summer School is collocated with:
- CPS&IoT’2021 Conference – the 9th International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems and Internet-of-Things and
- MECO’2021 Conference – the 10th Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing.
- The registration to CPS&IoT’2021 Summer School entitles to free participation in CPS&IoT’2021 Conference and MECO’2021 Conference sessions. The Summer School participants are encouraged to submit their papers to the CPS&IoT’2021 Conference and MECO’2021 Conference.
The school is open to everybody, but previous knowledge or equivalent practical experience at least at the Bachelor level in engineering (e.g. system, computer, electronic, electrical, automotive, aviation, mechanical, or industrial engineering), computer science, informatics, applied physics or similar is recommended.
Industry Participation is encouraged. The Summer School is not only to disseminate R&D results or follow courses and learn new knowledge on CPS and IoT from top professionals, but to meet people, interact and discuss with outstanding researchers, developers, academic lecturers, advanced students, and other participants, collaborate or start collaborations, and meet many talented people who may become employees of your companies as well.